Handicraft at its best
A perfectly organised workflow is the basis for quality, good service and on-time delivery. The production flow is fully computerized, providing smooth processing. Barcodes inform about each production stage of every piece of furniture. The assembly of high-quality mechanical functions is done in a special assembly line. Constant quality control is standard. Before the furniture is dispatched, it is packed in recyclable special foil to prevent pressure marks. Reliable transport is provided by the trained staff and the company’s truck fleet.
Furniture built with precision
One can seriously fall in love with the design of a furniture piece. Excellent manufacturing is mandatory. Leather is a challenging and valuable material, where every detail must be fabricated with great care. No leather is alike, that’s why perfect raw material and precise material testing is especially important. As a leather specialist, we also know that the manufacturing of leather requires special skills, a high degree of responsibility, and a love for the trade. Here, we rely on our trained workers.
Furniture quality: a look inside
- Beech frame The frame and supporting connecting parts are made of beech hardwood in optimized cross-sections. Beech is a renewable resource.
- Spring core Most models are available with a spring core. W.Schillig uses spring cores from reputable German manufacturers!
- Cushioning High-density cushion foam (in the seat starting from 35kg/m³) guarantees perfect seating comfort even after years of intensive use!
- Sawafill fleece This high-quality synthetic fleece provides for cosy, soft seating comfort and a modern, casual look (is attachedto or gluedon the quilted back cushion).
- Chamber cushions are used in many models. They adapt to the back perfectly and keep their shape permanently due to premium filling materials.
- Elastic webbing in the backrest acts as an additional suspension for soft, long-lasting flexible support of the body.
- Plywood side frame All cuts for stress areas (e.g. side parts) are made of plywood and offer the same stability as massive hardwood.
- Nosag-suspension Incorporating nosag-suspension is the best way to provide permanent, ergonomic support.
- Hand-crafted connections ide pieces and frame are dowelled, massive woods base-stabilized: manufacturing with traditional handicraft in time-tested durability.
The prototype: from the idea to the finished sofa
New furniture is not developed from thin air. The spirit of the times plays a role – in times of global change, people wish for more security and warmth, evident in especially soft, cuddly furniture and warm, earthy colours. A reversion to earlier, supposedly simpler times is reflected, e.g. in the latest colour trends – the colours and shapes of the 70s are celebrating a comeback.
Ultimately, ergonomics play an ever increasingly important role: Good furniture must not only be beautiful, but foremost be comfortable and provide best possible support for increased numbers of users with back impairments. The designer must feel, absorb and incorporate all these factors. At the same time, the new furniture must look good, be unproblematic in manufacturing and, most of all, be affordable. So the task presented to the designer and the team of upholsterers, seamstresses and constructing engineers in the development department is not an easy one. Last, but not least, is one thing important: year-long experience and an instinctive “gut-feeling”, letting one sense if an idea can lead to success.